We are all about creating recipes that are colourful, easy to make and nutritious.
These guys are just that, PLUS they are low fat and full of plant based protein.
They are perfect on their own, added to a salad or bowl of quinoa.
- 1 medium raw beet
- 1 clove garlic
- 400g can of chickpeas
- 2 tbs tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup coriander
- Preheat oven to 180 degrease
- In a Thermomix or food processor, mince beet and garlic.
- Add remaining of ingredients except coriander and blend for a few seconds to combined
- Add coriander and pulse 2-3 times
- On a lined baking tray roll teaspoons of mixture into balls
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes turning occasionally
- Makes about 25
Note: These also make amazing burgers; use 2-3 tablespoons of mixture, press into pattie shape and pan fry on stove in a little coconut oil.
Lift Heavy- Stay Cheeky
Love Elle & SJ