As the mornings get colder I find my body craving creamy, stove cooked oats!
This cooked oats recipe is packed full of nutrients and will keep you satisfied until lunch time.
This will serve two, or one really hungry person!
- 3/4 cup 5 Grain Porridge (I get mine from The Source )
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Sliced Ripe Banana
- 1 Tablespoon Dessicated Coconut
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of Vanilla bean power
- Pinch of Salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Almond Butter
- Fresh Fruit
- Optional: Maple Syrup, goji berries, crushed nuts
- In a small saucepan combine porridge and almond milk over low heat until milk begins to simmer
- Add Banana & coconuts. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until banana has softened and liquid has absorbed
- Remove from heat and stir through cinnamon, vanilla and salt
- Dish into bowls and Top with Almond Butter, Fruit and desired toppings